Monday 3 June 2013

My Ride in Photos


When I last posted I had no photos so for the last couple of rides I have taken out my trusted little Samsung.  This one behaves and the photos end up where I can upload them.

I usually head straight for the ford for no other reason than loving the route.  It's just down the road and a nice tranquil start to a ride.  This marks the Hampshire/Berkshire border.





I'm not sure how much use the little red box gets in this quiet lane.






I love this entrance.  The big house?  Not really for me, but I would love to have a look around nonetheless.  Nosey?  Me?    
                


I was dismayed this morning to see a dead swan on the road ahead.
On closer inspection I identified it as a cygnus tesco bagus!  I should have gone to Specsavers.  


This is what you would call a country pub.



St James' Church, Finchampstead is set in a beautiful position within a pretty village with little more than a pub and a few houses.



That's me!


I was having a little gander at the lake when I spied a cyclist heading off down a path.  I took the same route and enjoyed a wonderful ride around the lakes.  I only passed two people who appeared to be bird watching.  I am feeling a lot more comfortable being in secluded places alone.

We return to France on Tuesday.  The hills of the Charente will be a challenge I'm sure.  

Hopefully, some building progress too.







7 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! We'll have the coffee ready. ;) See you soon. Have a nice trip! hx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hege. Coffee would be good, it's been a long while. xx

      Delete
  2. You'll need to change those tyres for slicks!
    Hope you've packed the strimmer! Weliwelawi tribe moved into your garden.
    Al
    x
    ps luv the photographs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, don't you be dissing my tyres. I think they are pretty darn slick! Two sit on mowers will sort that grass. Has it stopped raining yet? See you tomorrow. :) xxx

      Delete
  3. I'm feeling all nostalgic now. I'll have to pinch a postbox off a wall the next time I go home and put it in front of my house. I had a good giggle at your tesco bag swan - it reminded me of when I braked for a hedgehoggus coke cannus that was crossing the road in front of my car :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. Nice to know there is someone out there!